Friday, July 10, 2009

All Star game, does anyone care?

I for one do not care about the ASG, and never really have. Sure you get the most popular ( not necessarily the ones having all star years ) players in the league in one stadium for one night playing an almost meaningless baseball game. The process of selecting the teams is a joke, with the exception of the managers picks, for the most part it's about the popular teams and biggest fan bases.

BUT, i'll probably watch parts of it because well there aren't any other sports on to compete with it.

What's your opinion of the ASG, obviously mine is it is a big waste of time.

2 comments:

  1. I think the Home Run Derby is a bigger deal than the ASG. The ASG is a popularity vote, no doubt about it. MLB just tried to add some spice to it a few years ago by saying the league that wins get home field advantage in the World Series. I just get tired of hearing during the ASG is "how long is long enough for the pitchers to pitch" Give me a break, these guys are pros, they should be able to go out there and pitch more than 1 inning without getting a "dead arm" for the rest of the season. Maybe it would be better when they ran out of pitchers to let the field players pitch. I would watch that now!! As for me I will watch the Home Run Derby for sure, this is what the fans want to see. And Bill you are right, there is nothing else to watch sports wise on that night so I will tune in for some of the ASG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with J. I would love to see some position players pitch. That would make for a second home run derby I would think.

    ReplyDelete