Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chris Davis, and the hitting problem

It's hard for me to say this about someone from my hometown, but Chris Davis it's time to head for waivers. He is an above average first baseman and seems to be well-liked by his team, but if this team is going to make a serious run at October baseball ( i know we haven't even got to the allstar break yet) there is no room in the batting order for a .202 average. This brings me to my bigger problem with this team, hitting. This team needs to learn how to play small ball, Michael Young is the only .300 hitter in this everyday line-up. Outside of Young there don't seem to be any hitters in this order that can or will shorten up there swing and just put the ball in play. David Murphey seems to be getting on track and shows the ability to shorten up when needed, as he did last night, but I don't see him getting a lot of AB's after Hamilton returns. There needs to be some changes starting with Hank becoming the everyday 1st baseman for now, and move Omar into the DH spot hitting .322, who says your designated hitter has to be a power hitter. I would even go so far as to hit Omar lead off and slide Kinsler to the 3rd spot in the order behind Young, but in the end I guess it's easy to manage the team and 2nd guess from the comfort of my couch. You have to admit the line-up change does make sense, why not go for more consistent AB's and possibly better run support for our pitchers.

P.S. John Daniels i'm available if you need me

No comments:

Post a Comment